Wednesday, April 4, 2012


Motown - Day 4

Today was the best day of the week so far! It started with our work projects being awesome. Some of us went and cleaned up a park, others painted a backstop for peewee baseball, some people finished up the basketball court we’ve been working on, and the rest of us painted the highest parts of the backstop on a baseball field. That was my favorite part since I was on the highest part crew, meaning I got to use the cherry picker along with Jamie, Nathan, and Stasia. It was super scary at first, and it felt like at any moment we’d take a spill! But eventually we got the hang of it, and were maneuvering it like professionals. The park is coming along so well it’s unbelievable. It seems unreal how much we’ve done in three days, and we all can see that it is already starting to have effects on the people in the community, like having people offer to come and help us in the next few days. It’s a way more rewarding project than I thought it would be when we started. This evening we went to a church called 2nd Ebenezer, which was one of the coolest worship services I’ve seen in a long time. Actually, it was supposedly a bible study, but it had to be the most rockin bible study I’ve ever seen. People stood up while the bishop spoke, an “Amen” was given almost every other sentence, and the songs made me feel like I was at a concert. The people were so into everything we did! I don’t know if I’ve ever seen so much passion in praising God in my entire life. It was pretty inspiring. Finally, we ended the day with a surprise celebration of Connie’s 15th birthday. It was the best day ever.
-Moriah

Motown - Day 4

1 comment:

Christina said...

just a little late.... but happy birthday, connie!! <3

missed your shining faces at maundy thursday service this evening, and will miss you tomorrow at good friday service... but ya'll are doing the lord's work in the greater community, which is just as (if not more) important!