Wednesday, July 16, 2014

2014 MTrip: DAY 3 - by Jamie & Sarah










Day 3 (Part 1 by Jamie)
Today, we got a ton of work done on the house! A bunch of people helped out working on the roof and the deck and everyone was a trooper working in the hot sun. We were a little worried about the rain because it would make things a little slippery on the roof but it only sprinkled and we were able to continue working. I painted a portion of the house and finished what we needed to get done. However, when I was finished I was covered in paint. I showered and I still have paint on me. It was worth it though, and I feel great about getting that accomplished. It’s really beautiful where we’re staying. There are mountains everywhere and it’s breathtaking. I get absolutely no phone service and I am kind of enjoying it. I also feel like everyone is really getting along. I’m having a great time and everyone is super funny. I think my constant laughing is probably getting annoying but I can’t stop. So excited to tell everyone more when I get home!
Jamie


Day 3 (Part 2 by Sarah)
                Well today was a pretty successful day. We finished the whole entire porch and little pathway thingy and even somewhat started the railing. We even had some help from the neighbors across the street when we didn’t know what to do and that was really nice. They’ve helped a lot by giving advice and tools and they are just in general some kind folk. And of course the roof, we got a lot done on the roof and all the hardworkers up there are really amazing. I went up there for a little and yeahh hardwork up there in the heat! I lost my retainer then found it so that’s good. And when I got back maddie chloe and I went on a long run and got lost in the trails but found our way back and it was quite the adventure then good thing as soon as we got back it started raining and not while we were running. We also ran into our new friends who we met this trip. They are from texas! All in all it was pretty good day of fun and hard work soooooo yesaaaahhh!!
 -Sarah Hart

No comments: