Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 3 - Beautiful!

Day 3:
Yay mission trips! So today was our first day of working and you know, being at the place and let me say, I’m pretty okay with this being my last trip. I really like the group I work with and the work we did today was pretty great too. If you’re wondering, my group went to this woman, Nancy’s, house and have been scraping away the old paint and putting on a fresh coat. Let me just put it out there that Nancy is one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met. She was so happy that we were there and she made us pink lemonade, brownies, water melon, and pretzels! Also, she adopted a mentally handicapped child (who’s now 18) named Claudia who was also super nice, helping out with the painting and talking to us. I’m really excited to go back there tomorrow! J And if all that isn’t enough to make for a great trip, the scenery out here is absolutely GORGEUS! Everywhere you look are mountains covered in forest and the sky is blue with those fluffy clouds that make everything happier, it’s just fabulous.      
-Stasia        

---------
                Our first day of working consisted of planning and then playing with kids at “Kids Club”.  My group was in charge of planning games for the time we spend outside and songs to sing in between stations.  Luckily Nathan has taught us plenty of silly songs and games so the kids loved it.  Even though the kids are a little crazy they’re hilarious, while playing an intense game of four square a little girl threatened me by saying she would put me in a sausage.
                Aside from working today a ton of bonding happened not only between STAGE but within our working groups.  It seems like STAGE has a ton of juniors and seniors and then a lot of incoming freshman, so you would think we would be separated.  But we have gotten so close despite the age difference.  Chloe, Erin, and I totally bonded over Saturday Night Live skits and were cracking up, I’m so happy we got to know each other better even if it’s over something weird, it’s awesome making new friends on this trip.  In my working group at first we were separated by churches in the morning but by the time all of the kids left we had gotten over the awkwardness and became closer.  It was pretty cool.
                After working we had dinner which was surprisingly good because it was something I usually ask my mom to make for me so I was happy.  Then we went for a beautiful hike, although there was some pretty rough parts on the path it was so pretty and it was fun to just walk and talk with everyone after being apart all day.  Coming back to the church and seeing my stage friends again is the highlight of my day!
*Natalie                                                                                                                                                                    

2 comments:

Margo Snay said...

So nice to hear about your workday and funfilled evening. Thanks for the compliment Natalie! Keep up the good work! Love, Momma Snay

Anonymous said...

Enjoying reading your blogs - glad you're having such a great trip - wish I was there with you!
Diane