Friday, July 18, 2014

2014 MTrip DAY 4 (Shannon & Tyler)



Wednesday DAY 4 (Part 1 by Shannon)

                Today was a very successful day! I’ve worked mostly on the roof and today we started scraping shingles off on the other side of the roof, and we finished laying down the black layer of roofing paper as well. We started to lay shingles over the roofing paper and got four or five layers put down. On the deck we’ve gotten the railing on the ramp put up and tomorrow I think we’re working on the railing going up the stairs. This was our last full day to work and even though we’ve been working really hard I’m not sure if we’re going to finish the shingling or the railing. Today Ashley mentioned that in the past groups she’s worked with Wednesday is normally the worst day in the way that everyone gets frustrated with each other and just want to get the project done. At the end of the day though she mentioned that we were the best group on Wednesday she’s had so far. All in all I think we work together really well and I’m constantly laughing, everyone in the group is so funny. This experience has been really enjoyable and I’m so glad I get to spend it with everyone in this group.
-Shannon Schafer 


DAY 4 - Part 2 by Tyler
                From what I hear, sounded like everyone had the best sleep so far on the trip and it might’ve been from all of the hard work that we’ve all done, plus compared to the hot days before, this felt like Michigan weather so I was feeling right at home. Also from what I’ve heard, that Wednesday is one of the toughest days at this mission site camp area place thing. Nope... nothing like that at all. Not only were we working hard but we all continued to get along with each other. While some were up on the hot, blazing roof replacing the shingles, easy to see that that is exhausting to endure through, the rest were working hard on the ground rebuilding the porch deck, organized into groups adding the railing measuring and cutting and putting in the spokes between the edge and the railing. I really wish that we had at least another full day working, not only that I fear that we would need a little more time to finish everything in time, but I have really enjoyed the time we all had together working our hardest. I can go on and on but I’ll just say that I’m super confident that with how amazing this group is we will accomplish our goals together with the most positive attitude.
                -Tyler Vincent

No comments: